DIY CBD Bath Bombs
Sometimes the answer to a stressful day is a long hot bath with a glass of wine.
Get prepared for your own spa day at home by making your own full spectrum CBD oil bath bombs.
Creating your own DIY CBD bath bombs is easy and fun, but you may have questions.
Do CBD bath bombs work?
According to Dr. Bonni Goldstein,medical director and owner of Cannacenters and author of Cannabis is Medicine "You get in the bath and you hit those cannabinoid receptors in your skin". A CBD bomb functions very much like other CBD rubs and other topicals.
What are the benefits of adding a CBD oil bath bomb to your self care routine?
The fizz of the combination of epsom salt and citric acid create a fun relaxing sensation as well as the aromatherapy from the essential oils. Full spectrum CBD oil in the bath bomb takes it up another notch by providing:
- Improved mood by serotonin boosting
- Reduces inflammation
- Nourishes the skin by reducing redness and irritation
- Using scents like lavender essential oil induces improved sleep
- Can help with achy joints and muscles
- Encourages relaxation
Can CBD bath bombs get you high?
The short answer is no but the key factor is the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC ). THC is the natural compound found both in the hemp and marijuana plants associated with getting high. Legal hemp products may only contain 0.3% or less THC, which is typically not enough to get anyone high.
Chances are, you already have all the ingredients in your cabinet to make your own custom full spectrum CBD oil bath bombs.
If you don't have bath bomb molds at home, you can use any silicone baking molds, ice trays or muffin tins.
Quantity will vary based on the mold you use and potency will vary based upon how many you make. With this recipe, we suggest 3 large bath bombs to equal 200mg of CBD Oil in each bath bomb.
Here's what you need to make your own signature CBD oil bath bomb
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- 1/2 cup of epsom salt
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, liquified
- 1 tsp of water
- 18 ml (or 18 droppers) of full spectrum CBD Oil. We suggest at minimum using Naturally Mignon Natural 1000mg.
- 15 drops of the essential oil of your choosing. This can be adjusted based on how strong or soft a fragrance you prefer.
Lets make this bomb
- Combine baking soda, epsom salt, cornstarch, and citric acid in a medium sized bowl, and mix until consistent.
- In another bowl, mix coconut oil, CBD oil, essential oils, and water.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients bowl and the wet ingredients bowl. Stirring slowly until fully combined. If you do this step too quickly the mixtures will begin to fizz and we don't want fizzing yet!
- Once mixed, press the CBD oil infused bath bomb mixture into your mold. This should be done right away so the mixture doesn't dry out.
- Have the bath bomb sit in the mold for one hour.
- Remove from mold and let cure for 24 hours before enjoying.
Are You Scentless to Know Which Scent to choose?
Consider how you want to enhance your bath experiences to decide which essential oil to use.
Combine 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 of rosemary essential oil.
Combine 5 drops of each, Bergamont, Ylang Ylang, and Patchouli oil.
Combine 6 drops of rosemary, 6 drops of geranium and 3 drops of tea tree oil.
Which scent sensation will you make your first CBD oil bath bomb?