CBD Infused Golden Milk Recipe
Golden Milk, known in India as haldi doodh, has been used for centuries for its healing, anti-inflammatory properties. It's a smooth and delicious drink and is a healthy addition to your daily wellness plan.
We’ve revisited the ancient Indian recipe and added a few newly imagined ingredients, including a CBD oil infusion.
The key ingredients in Golden Milk is turmeric and CBD.
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for conditions such as breathing problems, joint pain, fatigue and digestive issues.
This recipe calls for coconut and almond milk, but you can use the milk of your choice, including dairy milk.
We suggest using our 1000mg Pure Colorado Full Spectrum CBD Oil, but you can use the oil of your choice.
You can use Stevia drops in place of maple syrup or honey. 1-2 drops is a good place to start.
We also suggest using Ceylon cinnamon. Any type of cinnamon will work, but Ceylon is the highest quality.
- 1 1/2 cups canned light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 thin slice crystallized ginger
- 2 whole green cardamom pods, broken
- 1 clove
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 3 black peppercorns (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Pure Grade A maple syrup
- ½ mL Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Small bowl
- Favorite mug
1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil and CBD oil. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring all of the ingredients except coconut oil and maple syrup to a gentle simmer.
3. Stir well and lower the heat to low or low-medium (you want it to simmer but not boil). Add coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk gently until well combined.
4. Cover with the lid ajar and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and strain before serving.
Remove from heat and pour into your favorite mugs and enjoy!