Summer CBD Oil Quinoa Salad
You can't beat a fresh, healthy cool Colorado CBD Oil Quinoa Salad on a hot summer day.
Quinoa is a tasty high protein seed that serves as a replacement for starchy foods like grains. Quinoa is also provides many health benefits such as:
1. Helps with Chronic Illness - By now most of us know that inflammation in the body is the root cause of many health ailments including diabetes, heart disease, IBS, Crohns, arthritis and many more. Quinoa is rich in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients to help reduce inflammation.
2. Gluten Free - Quinoa provides a delicious alternative for those who cannot tolerate grains,
3. Weight Loss - Quinoa is high in fiber and protein which satisfies hunger. It is also low glycemic so the carbohydrates release slowly for ongoing energy and hunger suppression.
Why add CBD Oil in your dishes? Simply as another method to incorporate the health benefits we associate hemp CBD oil with (anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, mood modulation and pain relief).
This is a summer recipe everyone will love! It’s easy and delicious as a one dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ml (or a full dropper) of unflavored CBD oil like Naturally Mignon Pure Colorado Full Spectrum CBD Oil, choose from 500mg CBD oil, CBD 1000mg or 2000mg Colorado CBD Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15oz kidney beans, drained
- 15oz sweetcorn, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
How to make
- Mix together the vegetable oil with the CBD oil until it is blended well. Heat this mixture in a large pan over medium heat. Make sure to never exceed 320 degrees.
- Add garlic to the oil and cook for about two minutes until it is softened. Watch this and don’t let the garlic burn. Stir slowly while softening.
- Add in the black beans, corn, tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable stock, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until mixed well, then cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and chill for at least 1-2 hours
- Top with the avocado and lime juice.